Stewardship is a core element of Christian practice. It is how we follow Jesus in our daily lives and live his mission as a parish. Giving Our Thanks & Praise is a guide and resource to increase giving, generosity, and gratitude in your congregation to support God’s Mission.
It also aims to shift conversation to inspiring faithful living and participation in God’s mission, rather than merely funding a budget.
You can start anywhere or anytime, building on what is in place in your parish to further serve the mission of God in your community.
To help you get started, Clergy and Lay representatives from the Christ Church Cathedral, Ottawa Centre, and Ottawa West Deaneries are invited to our Giving Our Thanks & Praise workshop. Led by Susan Graham Walker from the Anglican Church of Canada, the day will include a presentation and workshop on congregational resources for a faithful, intentional, and generous response to God’s Mission.
This workshop will introduce a program that:
- Is grounded in Anglican theology and culture
- Will inspire people to participate in God’s mission through gratitude and generosity
- Can be adapted and customized to the context of their congregation
- Engages people in deepening their faith and understanding of discipleship
- Offers ways os inspiring, inviting, and thanking people in support of God’s mission
- Contains tools required to implement a strong giving program
- Registration includes refreshments and lunch.
- Each registered parish will receive a free Giving our Thanks & Praise package.
Presented by Susan Graham Walker,
Resource for Mission, Anglican Church of Canada
*Giving Our Thanks & Praise is a parish program to promote stewardship – generosity, giving and gratitude. It is developed by and designed for clergy and lay people in the Anglican Church of Canada. Its development was supported by a 2017 Ministry Investment Fund grant. Staffing for this project is facilitated through a partnership between the Philanthropy Unit of the United Church of Canada and the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada.