The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund (PWRDF) is the Anglican Church of Canada’s agency for sustainable development, relief, refugees, and global justice. PWRDF walks with partners in Canada and overseas to share in creating a more just and peaceful world by providing relief for human disasters, supporting refugee rehabilitation and development, and undertaking health care projects.
In the Diocese of Ottawa, members of our local PWRDF working group actively support the Primate’s Fund initiatives.
What we do:
- raise awareness of the life-affirming work of PWRDF through education on global justice issues
- build and encourage connections with individual parishes
- seek and encourage individuals looking for meaningful ways to express the baptismal promise to strive for justice and peace to respect the dignity of every human being
- organize workshops and conferences, develop tools and media resources, and challenge parishes to get involved
Current global initiatives:
- East Africa Famine Relief
- Fort McMurray Wildfires
- Syrian Emergency Relief
- Fred Says