Friends of the Diocesan Archives
Established in November 2000, the Friends of the Diocesan Archives provides additional support for the Archives and the affiliated Wilfred H. Bradley Reference Library. The Friends is an arms-length organization, and provides addition funding to supplement the Diocesan Archives budget.
The aims and objects of the Friends, as they appear are:
- To support the activities of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa Archives to acquire, preserve, make available, and exhibit historical records of the Diocese and its parishes
- To promote awareness of the history and heritage of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Ottawa, and the programs and activities of the Diocesan Archives
- To generate revenues and raise funds
- To carry on related duties
- Members are encouraged to become involved in the various activities of the Friends and are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
The cost of an individual membership is $20/year. New members are always welcome. Contact the Diocesan Archivist to register. We offer charitable tax receipts for all donations of $10 or more to the Diocesan Archives.
The Friends of the Archives has a popular sale each year of pre-owned books, to help raise funds for the purchase of new books desired for the Archives. This sale takes place in the display area of each Diocesan Synod.
Contact the Archives for the latest Friends and the Archives Newsletter.
Contact the Archives
For more information:
Dr. Glenn J Lockwood